Well, it’s time for another update to the tweaking suite. A big one this time. Updated all three of the tools with some cool new features.
First off, thanks to a scenery project that Scott Hendricks was working on, we discovered that we were missing a couple of material parameters:
BlendDiffuseByInverseSpecularMapAlpha BlendDiffuseByBaseAlpha ForceTextureAddressWrapSetting ForceTextureAddressClamp
And the whole alpha block!
ZTestAlpha AlphaTestValue AlphaTestFunction FinalAlphaWrite FinalAlphaWriteValue
Of course, adding those meant I had to update the material pane in FSDSxTweak_Edit. So I did a couple more things there too:
- Added the new material properties to the material pane
- Changed the order of tweak categories so that materials come up first (that is what people use the most, after all)
- Double clicking a tweak in a list now brings it into edit mode
- A button to clone a material – now if you spend ages setting up one material, you can quickly transfer those settings to another by cloning it and changing only the material identifier for the clone
- Removed the pesky project stats window and replaced it with a status strip at the bottom of the window which auto updates itself (once a second).
And while I was at it, may as well add some new stuff to the plugin:
- The plugin auto-detects if you have good values for the dictionaries (modeldef.xml files) and the KFG files, and marks the fields which have errors.
- Added a status strip at the bottom of the window to give better feedback on what is happening
- Finally fixed the check for updates feature. It is now reliable.
Finally, I updated the docs with the new info, and also updated some of the tutorial’s screenshots (the editor window has changed enough that people might find it confusing).
The file can be downloaded from AVSIM here. (LINK UPDATED 3/8/2011)